It’s no secret that heating and cooling costs account for the majority of our energy bills. Everyone wants their homes to be comfortable; cozy and warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Coming home after a long day of work to a house that’s either too cold or too hot can be a real problem, but some people feel that it’s more important to save money on their next energy bill rather than have their HVAC systems running constantly while they’re away.
Luckily, there’s a solution to help improve your family’s comfort and keep your energy costs lower – installing a programmable thermostat.
Programmable Thermostat Benefits
A programmable thermostat will work in a variety of environments, no matter how big or small your home may be, how many levels there are, or the time of the year it is. Wondering if you should consider installing a programmable thermostat? Here are five benefits they provide:
- Saving money. The number one benefit of a programmable thermostat is the cost savings they provide. Because they allow you to set your system to run only at certain times, you don’t have to leave the air conditioning or the heat on when no one is home. Create the schedule that is right for your family’s daily routine to help decrease the time the system is running.
- Increasing energy efficiency. Energy efficiency is a hot topic for many families today, and we are always looking for ways to use our resources more effectively. A programmable thermostat allows for less energy wasted throughout the day, which is great for your home and the environment.
- Improving comfort levels. Programmable thermostats not only allow for a consistent temperature throughout the home, but also provide a way to change the heat or air conditioning settings to work with your schedule. Perhaps you enjoy it cooler overnight for sleeping, for example. Simply set the thermostat to decrease the temperature at bedtime.
- Easy to install and control. Most programmable thermostats can be installed in about an hour- even by a non-professional! New models also allow for a higher level of control, with systems that can be accessed remotely from a mobile device.
- Optimizing your HVAC system. Perhaps you have an older HVAC system that is running well but is not very energy efficient. Installing a programmable thermostat helps optimize your current system’s efficiency before you need to spend the money on an entire new one. When it is time to replace your system, a programmable thermostat will keep it running at an optimal level.
Most standard programmable thermostats are not very expensive, and they can be one of the most cost-effective home improvements to invest in. You’ll enjoy not only lower utility bills, but also a more comfortable environment for you and your family.
If you have questions about installing a programmable thermostat this summer, let the professionals at Efficient Heating and Cooling help! If you’re in the Cleveland area, contact us or give us a call at 216-663-6462.