With the arrival of spring, you’re probably most looking forward to opening the windows and letting in some of that fresh, warmer air. Your HVAC system is finally getting a little break from the nonstop running of the furnace throughout the winter, but don’t forget – summer will be here before you know it. And, summer in northeast Ohio often means heat, humidity, and time to crank the air conditioning to keep your family cool and comfortable.
Why Schedule Air Conditioning Maintenance before Summer Comes
Just like the fall when you should get a maintenance check on your HVAC unit to ensure your furnace is in top shape for the winter ahead, spring is considered the best time to schedule an annual maintenance on your air conditioning unit. Why? Here are five great reasons:
- Fix issues before they arise. Modern HVAC systems are certainly durable and made to last, however, inevitably certain parts will start to wear out over time. By scheduling a spring maintenance check, the HVAC professional will check all the parts and replace anything looking worn before it breaks completely, which can cause even more issues with your unit.
- Beat the rush. Unlike those who wait until they turn on their AC unit only to find that it’s not working properly, you’ll have already ensured that your system is good to go. This means you won’t have to make a frantic call on a hot summer day if something goes awry, only to be told it will be several days before a professional can get to your house to fix it.
- Keep your unit running as efficiently as possible. When all the components are working properly, your air conditioning unit will run as it should. During an annual A/C maintenance check, the technician will not only address any worn out parts, but your system will also get thoroughly cleaned. A clean system endures less daily wear and tear, and also ensures it’s running as efficiently as it should.
- Improve indoor air quality. All kinds of pollutants can build up in your air conditioning unit. Dust, pollen, pet dander, and more can create air inside your home that’s actually up to five times dirtier than the air outside! A spring air conditioning maintenance check helps reduce the buildup of these harmful pollutants in your system.
- Extend the lifespan of your unit. If you skip regular HVAC maintenance, the 10 to 15 year lifespan of your unit could be decreased. In fact, getting your system inspected twice a year can actually increase the lifespan of your unit by 30-50 percent. A spring maintenance check is an essential step to keep your HVAC system clean, working efficiently and avoiding any costly repairs in the long run.
If you’re ready to schedule an annual maintenance check on your air conditioning unit this spring, the team at Efficient Heating and Cooling is ready to help! If you’re in the greater Cleveland area, contact our team today! Or, give us a call at 216-663-6462.