Radiant Heat Systems near Cleveland
Radiant floor heat is one of the oldest forms of heating a structure, dating all the way back the Roman Empire. Radiant flooring provides numerous benefits including increased comfort, evenly distributed temperatures, cleaner air, no cold drafts, no unsightly ductwork and no floor vents. Best of all, this type of heating is quieter and more energy-efficient compared to forced-air heat.
How does radiant heating work?
In a radiant floor heating system, warm water flows through tubes located underneath the floors. That warmth radiates up from the floors and warms everything it comes in contact with — including people. Radiant floor heating is compatible under any type of floor covering — carpet, wood, slate, tile, linoleum, and even concrete.
Benefits of radiant heating
- Concentrates heat evenly near the floor where people are located
- Eliminates cold drafts as well as noisy fans, furnaces and ductwork
- Ideal for allergy sufferers because it doesn’t circulate dirt, dust or other airborne pollutants throughout a home
- Concealed under the floor for a more aesthetically pleasing environment — eliminating the concern of blocking vents with furniture
- Easily integrates with alternative energy sources, including geothermal, solar, waste and biomass
- Can help a home earn LEED® points for reduced energy consumption
- Potentially saves up to 40 percent in energy costs
For more information about radiant heat systems, contact us at 216-663-6462!