The concept of radiant floor heating can be used to keep driveways, walkways and sidewalks clean and dry during the winter. Essentially, this eliminates the need for salting, sanding or shoveling. Snow and ice melt systems help lower maintenance costs, reduce dangerous accidents associated with slippery walkways, extend the life of concrete and asphalt, and eliminate disturbing noise from snow blowers as well as the problem of tracking salt and sand into your home.
Where can snowmelt systems be used?
- Commercial: Store and office entrances, exterior truck docking bays, and walkways, Hospital Emergency entrances, walkways, steps, wheelchair ramps, parking lots and ambulance bays.
- Municipal: Streets, sidewalks, steps, parking garage entrance/exit ramps and upper decks, airport runways, parking lots, and wheelchair ramps.
- Residential: Driveways, sidewalks, steps, pool decks and wheelchair ramps
What are the key benefits of snowmelt systems?
- Increases the life of snow melt areas by reducing freeze/thaw cycles
- Maintains a snow & ice free surface for year round safety
- Perfect for hard to plow areas (steep grades, brick pavers, pool decks, stairs)
- Automatic system is a watchdog through warm weather shutdown
- Offers design versatility in the home’s overall heating plan
- Protects snowmelt slab from thermal shock